WHO warning! A new round of Ebola outbreak in Congo
A new round of Ebola outbreak in Congo. A new round of Ebola outbreak in Congo. Congo (DRC) Health Minister Longondo said on June 1 that a new round of Ebola outbreak has occurred in the northwest of the country, which is the 11th time since 1976. Longondo said the laboratory test results showed that Ebola virus-positive cases were found in Mbandaka, the capital of Equateur province. WHO Director-General Tan Desai also confirmed the new Ebola outbreak in Congo (DRC) through social media that day, and revealed that there are currently 6 infected persons, 4 of whom have died.
In August 2018, the Ebola virus broke out in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Over the next 2 years, Ebola virus infected more than 3300 people in 2 countries, resulting in more than 2200 deaths-this is the second highest number of deaths since the Ebola virus outbreak from 2013 to 2014 At that time, the Ebola virus raged in West Africa, killing more than 11,000 people.
In April this year, because there were no new cases in more than 50 days, WHO originally planned to declare the end of the outbreak on April 13, but the Congo (DRC) reported new cases again on April 10, which led to the country’s first The 10 Ebola outbreaks have not ended so far.
What’s more serious is that in addition to this, other infectious diseases also run the risk of raging in the local area. Tan Desai said that WHO will continue to support the Congo (DRC) in combating the Ebola outbreak, and at the same time respond to the new coronary pneumonia and the world’s largest outbreak of measles.
WHO warning! New outbreak of Ebola outbreak Congo is facing three major infectious disease crises at the same time. For this Ebola virus, we cannot relax and be vigilant at all times. Give your own strength to the world.