power supply-1. If the electrolytic capacitors is not dehydrated, the leakage current will increase.
The influence of the electrolytic capacitor with increased leakage current on the power supply:
- At the input of the power supply, there will be no-load power consumption
- When used for IC startup, the startup time will be extended
- When the leakage current is large, it will directly cause a short circuit.
2. How does the leakage current occur?
- There is an oxide film (Al2O3) on the electrode foil, and the electrolyte will corrode the electrode foil, resulting in leakage current.
- Note: In the process of using the electrolytic capacitor, an electrolytic reaction will occur to repair the corroded oxide film. The electrolytic capacitor in use generally does not affect the leakage current.
- But if the electrolytic capacitor is stored for a long time, its leakage current will increase, the longer the storage time, the greater the leakage.
3. Back to our question today, why does the leakage current of capacitors without dehydration increase.
- Undehydrated capacitors, the electrolyte has a high water content, will react with aluminum to form aluminum hydroxide, will replace the aluminum
- oxide on the surface of the electrode foil, and destroy the insulating layer. If the insulation performance is poor, the leakage current will be large.
- If you are interested in learning more about the effect of leakage current on the power supply, you can leave a message below and we will contact you as soon as possible.