Ceramic capacitor are also called porcelain dielectric capacitors or monolithic capacitors. As the name implies, porcelain dielectric capacitors are capacitors whose dielectric material is ceramic.
- According to different ceramic materials, it can be divided into two types: low-frequency ceramic capacitor and high-frequency ceramic capacitors.
- According to the structure, it can be divided into wafer capacitors, tubular capacitors, rectangular capacitors, chip capacitors, feedthrough capacitors and so on
Itsshape is mostly in the form of slices, and also has the shape of tubes and circles. Ceramic capacitors are the general term for capacitors with ceramic materials as dielectrics. There are many varieties, and the size of the outer shape is very different.
- According to the use voltage, it can be divided into high voltage, medium voltage and low voltage ceramic capacitors.
- According to the temperature coefficient, the dielectric constant can be divided into negative temperature coefficient, positive temperature coefficient, zero temperature coefficient, high dielectric constant, low dielectric constant and so on.
In addition, there are classification methods of type I, type II and type III.
- Type I: high-frequency ceramic dielectric capacitors with NP0, SL, etc，with a small temperature coefficient, suitable for tuning circuits and circuits that require compensation effects.
- Type II: High dielectric constant capacitors, such as Y5P, Y5U, Y5V, etc，with high dielectric constant, suitable for bypass, coupling, DC blocking and filter circuits.
- Type III: Semiconductor ceramic capacitors, in principle, Y5P, Y5U, Y5V， large capacity, small size, low voltage. Used for filtering, bypass, and coupling circuits.
Compared with other capacitors, general ceramic capacitors have the advantages of higher operating temperature, larger specific capacity, better humidity resistance, lower dielectric loss, and a larger temperature coefficient of capacitance. Widely used in electronic circuits, the amount is very considerable.